Notification of your personal information
Who we are: OPS Group (OPS Lietuva Assistance, OPS LT, OPS LV, OPS EST (hereinafter - OPS) is an insurance assistance and customer service company on issues related to the conclusion and execution of an insurance contract in relation to claims. OPS is committed to protecting your privacy. This privacy notice explains how OPS processes and protects the personal information we collect, how we comply with our data protection obligations and our customers' rights with respect to their personal data under the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/279).
The main thing
We collect and use relevant information about you to arrange and provide you with your coverage or return coverage that will satisfy you and enable us to comply with our legal obligations. This information includes data such as:
• your name;
• date of birth and/or identification code;
• financial details, including payment card number, bank account number and account details, as well as other financial information;
• employment details, sometimes including job title and work history;
• any other information, including your contacts, that we collect about you in connection with an insurance claim that you benefit from.
Confidential personal data
We may also collect sensitive personal information about you, such as:
• medical information, including information about health conditions, injuries or disabilities, medical procedures performed, current or past physical or mental illnesses associated with personal habits (such as smoking or alcohol consumption), prescription information, medical history (including family members);
• genetic and biometric data;
How we use your personal data and why:
• Reviewing or evaluating your claim on behalf of the insurers;
• Assessment of any complaint against the insurer;
• Reviewing your complaint or evaluating your complaint against insurers or their agents;
• Conducting checks for fraud, money laundering, bribery, tax evasion and other illegal activities;
• Analysing data, identifying trends that help improve our services or offerings;
• Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations.
ID: 111545266UAB OPS Lietuva Assistance (including members of OPS LT UAB Group, OPS LV SIA, OPS EST OU)
3 L. Zamenhofo, Vilnius,
OPS has implemented reasonable and proportionate physical, technical and administrative security standards to ensure that all personal data are collected and processed securely, protected from unauthorised or illegal processing, and from accidental loss, misuse, destruction or damage.
Personal data will be shared with OPS business partners, service providers to whom our products and services are provided. In addition, OPS may disclose personal information to respond to inquiries from law enforcement and government officials, to resolve external disputes, ombudsman inquiries, lawsuits, professional and regulatory bodies, and any other parties as required or permitted by law.
OPS may also transfer your personal information in cases where an insurance intermediary, acting on your behalf, appoints a new service provider to take over any of the services provided by OPS.
Personal data may be transferred to any country, including countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA), for processing, storage, administration or any other use specified in this data privacy notice. The purpose of the transfer and processing of data in this case will be in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and personal data processed in countries outside the EEA will either receive the same level of protection as if they were processed in the EEA, or there will be adequate guarantees for this.
OPS strives to maintain personal data that are accurate, complete and current. Under certain conditions, you have the right to request:
• additional information on how OPS processes your personal data;
• a copy of your personal data held by OPS. Note: Under normal circumstances this information will be provided free of charge, however, OPS has the right to charge a fee for any manifestly unfounded or excessive inquiries;
• updating of any incomplete or inaccurate personal data;
• deletion of personal data for the processing of which OPS no longer has a legal basis;
• if the processing is based on mutual consent, withdraw consent (although OPS may still store personal data).
These rights are subject to certain exceptions to protect the public interest, such as preventing or detecting crime, and the interests of OPS, such as maintaining a legal privilege.
OPS will respond to most inquiries within 30 days.
Personal data requested from OPS will be provided in a format that allows personal data to be moved, copied or transmitted in a safe and secure manner, while maintaining usability in normal IT environments.
If OPS cannot fulfil your request, or if you have a complaint about how your personal data were stored, processed or disclosed by OPS, you can contact the Lithuanian data protection regulator:
State Inspectorate for Data Protection
6 A. Juozapaviciausa St, 09310 Vilnius, email@example.com,
00370 5271 2804
Storage of personal data
The personal data storage periods by OPS are based on business and legal requirements. OPS stores personal data for as long as it is necessary for the processing purpose (s) for which the information was collected and for any other permissible related purpose.
When the personal data is no longer needed, OPS either irreversibly anonymises the data (in which case we can store and use anonymous information in the future), or securely destroys the personal data.
In certain circumstances, we may need your consent to process certain categories of information about you (including confidential details such as information about your health and criminal convictions). If we need your consent, we will ask you separately. You do not need to specifically give your consent, and you can revoke your consent at any time. However, if you do not give or withdraw your consent, this may affect our ability to process your claims.
We will only disclose your personal information for insurance reasons during the claims processing we provide and to the extent required or permitted by law.
Contact information and your rights
You have rights in relation to the information we hold about you, including the right to access your information. If you would like to exercise your rights, discuss how we use your information, or request a copy of our full privacy notice, please contact us:
OPS Lietuva Assistance OPS LT OPS LV OPS EST +37052667788 firstname.lastname@example.org